There are a few ways that you can maximize your energy production after you've had your solar panels installed. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the most of your solar panels:
1. Be Aware of the Electricity you are Using
We design your solar panels to meet the needs of your previous consumption patterns. We take the last year of your energy usage and base the design of your solar panels off of those numbers to help offset your usage. If you increase your energy usage significantly after installing solar panels, your production might decrease. So, be mindful of the electricity you are consuming and strive to stick to the same usage patterns that you had before installing your solar panels!
2. Use the Most of Your Electricity When the Sun is Shining
Solar panels rely on the sun to produce electricity. This is why your solar panels do their best work while the sun is bright and shining. This sunshine (during peak hours) can power most or even all of your home's needs completely from solar energy. In order to make the most use of your solar panels, save your most energy-intensive activities for these peak hours. These activities include running your dishwasher, washer/dryer and charging your electronic devices.
3. Use One Appliance at a Time
By running multiple appliances at once, you might have to dip into the electric grid to operate them. If you split up your energy usage by running your appliances at different times, then you increase your chances of using solely solar energy to power these appliances. This is a great way to create an efficient use of the available solar power!
4. Use LED Lights
Traditional light bulbs can sometimes use only 10% of the electricity to make light, whereas the rest is lost as heat. That's 90% that is lost as heat! Modern LED lights use almost all of the electricity to make light. A productive LED light only needs around 10% of the electricity to produce the same amount of light. They also last longer, so it is worth the switch!
5. Keep Your Solar Panels Clean
Your solar panels produce energy more efficiently when they are clean from any type of dust, debris and pollen! By making sure your solar panels are clean, you can be confident that they are producing energy to the best of their ability. In most cases the rain will clean your solar panels for you, but you can clean them yourself with soap, water and a non-abrasive sponge!
Share this post
Ready to make ION your solar provider?
You just made our day brighter!
Get your free solar quote to see how much you could save with a free, no-obligation solar quote.
All Installations completed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor - ION DEVELOPER, LLC Arizona ROC 323498 | California #1027027 | Colorado EC#0100960 | Idaho #026803 | Nevada #0083098 Monetary Limit $100,000 | New Mexico #391320 | N. Carolina U.33681 | Ohio #49389 | Oklahoma #00197777 | Oregon C1524 | S. Carolina #M114251 | Texas #30990 | Wyoming C-49686 | Utah #10304593-5501 | Virginia #2705169798
Actual savings will vary depending on system production, geography, weather, shade, electricity usage, utility rates, rate increases, and financing options. Savings estimated here assumes utility rate increases annually and stable customer utility usage rates. Contact us to receive a detailed proposal based on your home and energy usage.