Thinking of going solar with ION? Here’s what you can expect at every step.
Decide if solar
is right for you
While going solar has endless benefits (like fixing the cost of your monthly power bill, generating clean energy & so much more) it’s a big decision and there’s a lot to consider, including:
- Homeownership status.
- The age & quality of your roof.
- The amount of sunlight your home gets
- And more.
On-site personalized home assessment
If you decide to go solar, we’ll walk you through the paperwork and make sure all of your questions are answered. From there, we’ll set up a home assessment where one of our solar specialists will:
- Measure your roof.
- Test the service panel.
- Assess the quality & strength of your roof & attic.
- Create the preliminary design for your solar system.
Custom design that fits your power needs & home aesthetic
After submitting the information from your home assessment, our in-house engineering team will finalize the design of your system and provide you with a detailed document that includes:
- The number of panels.
- The layout & design of the panels.
- System details (including energy production).
- Estimated savings & monthly bill, green benefits & more.
Submit local permits & schedule your installation
Once you’ve signed off on the design, we’ll submit the necessary paperwork to your local jurisdiction and wait for confirmation. Once permits are approved, installation typically happens within one day.
- All paperwork is done for you.
- Get weekly updates as progress happens.
- Always feel in the loop – no chasing people down.
After your solar system has been installed by our team, we’ll schedule the inspection from your town/city. Once approved, we’ll request permission from the power company to connect you to the grid.
- Get proactive updates with weekly check-ins.
- Approvals & paperwork are fully managed for you.
- No waiting around – we’ll be there during the inspection.
Turn on your new solar-powered home
From here on out, your future is bright. With your new earth-friendly home, you can soak up all of the benefits of going solar, including:
- Paying the same amount every month.
- Getting free energy once your system is paid off.
- Powering your home with clean, sustainable energy.
- And more!
“Quick and painless process”
“Very easy process”
“Clearly committed to 5-star customer service”
“Barely had to lift a finger”
“A lot quicker than I originally expected – it went seamless”
“Hands down an excellent experience”
Why 85,000+ homeowners have chosen ION as their solar provider
Worry-free, done-for-you service.
ION handles everything for you – from financing and design to permits and installation – all you have to do is provide a power bill & sign the papers.
Thoughtful, modern design that’s customized to your home.
By using black-on-black panels and organizing them in a clean way, you get a system that’s not only powerful & reliable, but looks sleek & tidy, too.
Full-service customer support before, during & after installation.
With ION, you get a dedicated project coordinator, weekly check-ins, as well as fast & friendly support via phone, email, and live chat.